Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Part Thirty One: KIDNEY DAY!!!

Hey Y'all! It's early and I'm getting ready to head out the door for the worst/best day of my life.

I was able to get some sleep last night... probably 4 or 5 hours worth. I didn't drink as much of the GoLytely as I was supposed to because I started gagging quite a bit when I drank it. I couldn't get down more than an ounce at a time.

Sounds like my dad was having a rough time on his end. He drank half a cup and threw up three times.

I drank four more ounces before going to bed and was up every hour or so going to the bathroom. My stomach sounded awful and was gurgling and groaning. But there wasn't much coming out of me.

I'm still going this morning and I don't know how long it will keep up. I'm sure I'll poop all over everyone. Great... something new to worry about.

See you on the other side.

-Amanda

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda, People you don't even know are praying for you and your dad today. I had marked "porkchop" on my calendar to remind me - my family probably thinks we are having porkchops for dinner :)

Your dad is very blessed to have you. On 12/9, I will have had my new kidney for a whole year, and my life has changed so much!

Mattie

Unknown said...

Yeah Amanda!
YOU GO GIRL!
Best wishes,
Karol
www.caringbridge.org/visit/jennafranks

ken said...

We're thinking good thoughts for you and your dad here in MA.
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I am keeping you and your dad in my prayers. I'm donating to my dad in 4 weeks! Yea for dads and their daughters!! :)

Can't wait to hear how it all went.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

Spending time with you last week was so important to me. My mom now officially loves you as much as she loves her own daughters. You are the most loving and giving friend I have ever known. If the situation was reversed you could take my kidney (or any part you needed, although there is no promise on the quality). I oxox, hug, and oxo you in every way!!!

Your friend and admierer,

Sabrina