Friday, August 25, 2006

Part Twelve: 27 and Waiting

From the voicemail the coordinator had left me last Friday, I had gotten the impression that there was no need for me to call her back unless I had specific questions about the results of my previous tests.

I waited several days, hoping that she would contact me with information regarding my next scheduled appointments, but she never called. So I called her and learned from her voicemail message that she was out of the office until next Monday. While I have the option of speaking with another coordinator during her absence, I decided just to wait until she gets back.

As anxious as I am to get the next phase of testing done, I also realize that there's no big rush. A few days isn't much in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks to all who have been regularly checking in for updates.

This past Monday I turned 27 years old. While it was pretty much a regular day for me, I did take some time to reflect on where I am at this point in my life. It's one of those weird things that you can never quite imagine when you're 7 or 17. Just like now it's hard for me to imagine where I will be when I'm 37 or 47 or 57 or beyond. I guess I am proud of where I am and what I have accomplished, although I had always imagined so much more for myself. One thing I never could have imagined, though, was that I might be giving my dad a kidney.

I've always been of the mindset that age is just a number... but there's just something about this year that has suddenly made me feel older.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A:

Happy Birthday! I have a present for you sitting in my office waiting to be mailed. It'll be worth the wait.