Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Part Two: Blood Work

I went down to the outpatient building by SLU Hospital this morning to have blood drawn.

I got to sit in what looked like a pistachio green adult high-chair.
They took three fat tubes of blood.
I'm always amazed at how much blood comes out, and how quickly.



The actual blood-drawng process only took a few minutes, but I was there for nearly an hour waiting to register, then answer a million questions about my occupation and my dad's occupation and my next of kin and my religious preference, etc. etc.

I did have plenty of time to get emotional though... and started to tear up a bit when I was watching the blood come out of me.

The nurse wasn't very talkative and I was surprised when she wished me luck on the way out the door.

"Good Luck..."

I was surprised at my reaction to that. "Good Luck..." implies that I'm hoping something good comes out of this whole thing. Getting wished good luck made me feel like I had just bought a lottery ticket.

"Good Luck..." made me realize how scared I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though I know you've been thinking these things, it makes me scared and sad to see it in print.

I'll go with you to whatever is next your test, if you want.

-CF